THE CAMP WAR EAGLE FLOATER PROGRAM IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF CAMP AND IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A SPONTANEOUS, WILLING SPIRIT, A DESIRE TO LOVE AND HAVE FUN WITH CAMPERS, AND A POSITIVE SERVANT’S HEART. FLOATERS WORK BEHIND THE SCENES IN MANY DIFFERENT AREAS AND JUMP IN TO THE CAMP PROGRAMMING WHEREVER AND WHENEVER NEEDED.
- Floater Counselor positions can range from either Nannying, Working in the Store, or Assisting in the Office. Sometimes floaters may become certified in a specific area and work those areas on non-nanny days.
- Nanny - Nannies care for, work with, and play with the Permanent Staff members’ children ranging in age from infants to 12 years old. These children spend the entire summer at camp and most are too young to be full-time campers.
- Store - Daily restocking of food and drink items, restocking clothing and gift items as they arrive (tagging, folding), passing out uniforms to campers, working the registers during Mish Mash, preparing clothing pre-orders for the upcoming session(s), cabin inspection, and general upkeep of the store.
- Office - Preparing and organizing information packets for staff and campers, making morning program announcements over the PA, answering phone calls and other basic administrative work.
- Certification – Occasionally, Floaters may be certified as a lifeguard or on our ropes course. If scheduling allows, you may work these areas throughout the day as needed.
- Day Camp Certification – On rare occasion, if there is spot needing to be filled during the day at any of our locations, a Floater may be sent into town to act as counselor for that day
7. Counselor – When completed with floater duties for the day, floaters assume the role as a counselor for nightly activities with their assigned cabin of campers.