THE CAMP WAR EAGLE FLOATER PROGRAM IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF CAMP AND IS FOR THOSE WHO DESIRE TO LOVE AND HAVE FUN WITH CAMPERS, AS WELL AS HAVE A SERVANT’S HEART WITH A POSITIVE AND WILLING ATTITUDE.
- Floater counselors have the unique opportunity to experience a variety of the behind-the-scenes jobs and areas that Camp War Eagle has to offer
- This is a position for someone who is flexible and enjoys new and different tasks
- The Floater schedule will change depending on need and floater counselors may be shifted into a different role entirely in order to serve the camp program
- When completed with floater duties for the day, floaters assume the role as a counselor for nightly activities with the cabin they are assigned to
- Floater Counselor positions range from Nanny, Store, or Office Assistant due to staffing needs:
· Nanny - Nannies care for, work with, and play with the Permanent Staff members’ children ranging in age from infants to 10 years old. These children spend the entire summer at camp and most are too young to be full-time campers.
· Store - Daily restocking of food and drink items, restocking clothing and gift items as they arrive (tagging, folding), passing out uniforms to campers, working the registers during Mish Mash, preparing clothing pre-orders for the upcoming session(s), cabin inspection, and general upkeep of the store.
· Office - Preparing and organizing information packets for staff and campers, making morning program announcements over the PA, answering phone calls and other basic administrative work.