THE CAMP WAR EAGLE CRAFTS PROGRAM IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF CAMP AND IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO HAVE FUN WITH AND LOVE CAMPERS, AND HAVE A SERVANT'S HEART WITH A CHEERFUL AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE. CAMP WAR EAGLE CRAFTS STAFF HAVE THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THEIR EXISTING ARTISTIC AND CREATIVE TALENTS, AS WELL AS LEARN NEW, VALUABLE LIFE SKILLS AND DEVELOP PEOPLE SKILLS.
Crafts Counselor duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Teach and supervise campers’ classes during the Morning Program and Mish Mash activities (campers’ free time). Clean, prepare, stock, and re-stock Crafts Center for program use.
- Other special duties may include working game stations at Special Events, decorating for the end-of-summer Staff Banquet and working rest period shifts for the Health Center Staff.
- Some of the classes offered in the Camp War Eagle Crafts Center are: jewelry making, sculpting clay, painting, candle making, airbrushing, tie-dying, sewing, pottery, ceramics, cooking, etc.
- Typical Crafts Staff day: 8:00 a.m.— 7:00 pm. Receiving breaks at Lunch, Rest Period, and Dinner.
- When finished with Craft Center duties, Craft counselors then report to their assigned cabin and assume the roles of a counselor for nightly activities.